Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Steak Salad

Organization, preparation, and time management have always been part of my skill set, but lately I have been taking these things to the next level. I am a busy woman these days between work, my personal life, building a health coaching business, and focusing on my own health and wellness. I have been dabbling in the health coaching arena in a few areas, and one of my first experiments was running a corporate cleanse. I cooked 5 meals per day for 3 days for some clients that wanted to "cleanse" but didn't want juices. The five meals included:

  • Creamy broccoli soup with avocado
  • Fruit salad
  • Sweet potato & lentil curry stew
  • Roasted vegetables with olive oil and garlic
  • Carrot, string bean, and spinach soup

I have to admit that I spent about 8 hours shopping, prepping, cooking, and organizing these meals. I learned a ton, and I had a blast doing it. With a bigger kitchen and more free time, I could do some serious damage in the kitchen with future cleanses. My fridge ended up looking like a tetris game, and I was proud of my efforts. I was thrilled to show people how good it feels to eat clean and gain awareness of cravings and habits that may otherwise be hidden. Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions on how to do a cleanse and spend a few focused days (or weeks) on using food as medicine and treating yourself to health!

Summer Steak Salad: Serves 1, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 10 min

Ingredients:
- 4-6oz. grass-fed flank steak at room temperature
- 1 tsp. grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- salt & pepper
- Handful of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 1/4-1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2-3 cups spinach

Instructions:
1. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat until hot
2. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper
3. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side (do not move it while cooking!)
4. Let the steak sit for 5 minutes to rest
5. Chop the steak, and toss your salad with all of your ingredients 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to get back into preparing all of my weekly meals in one day, due to insane scheduling. That fridge is impressive! I could probably eat steak salad every day :)

    ReplyDelete